Weekend before last, I dropped the tank to inspect and clean, if necessary..
Swapped the Walbro 190 lph pump out for an Aeromotive 340 lph..
Since the price was right, I picked up a Dr. Gas x-pipe. This car is going to sound pretty sweet.
This weekend we were supposed to install the 4V but a 0200 call from work screwed that up. So, that has been pushed back again. However, I was able to get some other stuff done. Traded a S281 spoiler for a Cobra gauge cluster, a good headlight panel, a pair of OEM Cobra headlights (that need restoration) and some other miscellaneous items.
1) Installed my CGE rear seat delete
2) Installed the frame side of the MM oil filter relocation setup. This normally mounts behind the fog light but I have a bash bar. So, I had to get a little creative and I do still have some minor fab work to complete.
3) Installed the caliper hoses, connected the remaining brake lines and did some janky “good enough” bending to the lines that go to the hydro booster from the proportioning valve.
4) Cleaned up my exhaust studs:
5) My buddy Benjy welded up the EGR connection on my headers. After that, I made some simple brackets to adapt the 96-98 fuel rail system to the Mach 1 Intake and back he welded the new brackets on.
6) Installed my FR500 steering wheel.
Really need to clean up then dye the airbag and the center console.
7) The Cobra cluster I plan to use but that depends on how it looks with LED bulbs at night. The stock, GT gauges with white LEDs has a really nice blue glow.
8) The car looking angry because the engine didn’t get installed.
9) The oem Cobra headlights that need to be restored.
It almost looks like a Mustang again lol